Journalisted.com is an independent, not-for-profit website built and run by the Media Standards Trust in order to make it easier for the public to find out more about journalists and what they write about.
If you’re a member of the public you can:
- Search articles published on UK national newspaper websites and BBC News by journalist, news outlet, subject and key word
- Read all articles by a particular journalist
- Find out further information about a particular journalist – such as links to a personal website or wikipedia page and, in some cases, a contact email
- Compare a journalist’s articles with those of other journalists who write about similar subjects
- See if a journalist is recommended by other journalists
- Choose your own roster of favourite journalists and receive an email link whenever they write an article
If you’re a journalist you can:
- Claim your profile (if your articles are collected automatically)
- Create a profile (if your articles are not collected automatically)
- Add a photo, biographical information, contact details and links
- Recommend other journalists
- Add any other articles published online
If you’re an editor you can:
- Search for journalists who write about particular subjects
- See which journalists are recommended by their peers
- Find contact information for journalists
Journalisted works by automatically searching UK national newspaper websites, BBC News and Sky News, and picking out journalists’ bylines (see full list of news outlets covered). Articles are then indexed by journalist – but you can also search by news outlet and key words. Journalists can add articles that are not collected automatically.
Because of the way the information is gathered, the site is not comprehensive, and will never do full justice to the output of the journalists we cover, for which we apologise. There will be some mistakes and omissions – but we aim to rectify these as soon as we hear of them. Journalisted was first launched as a trial in November 2007.
If you’ve got any suggestions, please email us at email@example.com.
If you’d like to know more, take a look at our FAQs.